Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Friday, December 11, 2009

Ear Tubes and the past 4 days of Advent

Mr. C has had a lot of ear problems the last few years. He had never actually had an ear infection until about 2 weeks ago, but he would get earaches, followed by months of not being able to hear. So, yesterday, he had tubes put in to help the fluid drain. He was pretty cranky coming out of anesthesia, but after a few hours, he was back to his normal self, tormenting his siblings.

Here he is before:

...And after. He told me he wasn't going to let the medicine make him sleep. Guess he lost that battle.

The Advent Angel has been enjoying herself around here.

Day 8: Chocolate bars!
Day 9: A special treat (homemade chocolate-peanut butter cups) after dinner.
Day 10: Looked at Christmas lights in a town nearby.
Day 11: Taking cookies to the police station!

We watched the movie "Blindside" the other night. Wowee, I loved it. It was such a "feel good" film. It just made me all tingly inside. I thought about our kids, and where they would be right now if we didn't have them. They could likely be in foster care, bouncing around from home to home...wishing for a forever family to scoop them up and rescue them. I thought about how fortunate we are to have them in our lives, and what a sheer joy this Christmas season has been with them so far. I am richly blessed by their placement in our lives. I wonder which one of them is going to grow up to be a professional football player? =)


3 comments:

Kenna said...

Don't think I'm crazy or a stalker (I promise, I'm not!), but did you have a journal over at TLOL a long time ago??

I was reading the comments on MckMama and saw your name... thought "Hey, I remember a Shanti from TLOL... two little boys really close in age to my middle child" and clicked your name... so now I have to ask!!

If you are one in the same - WOW your family has grown! CONGRATS!!!

Shanti said...

Hi, Kenna! YES, I still have a journal over there, although I don't really update it anymore. I really need to print it out so I don't lose it!
You're right, our family has really grown! It's so funny that you came across me on MckMama since it was my first ever comment on there!
So how many kiddos do you have now?

Sally-Girl! said...

I loved loved loved Blindside. It is a great movie and one of the very few that I would actually want to own. I sobbed like a baby through the whole thing and loved Sandra bullock in it!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails