Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Saturday, January 8, 2011

A disclaimer

So I think my last post made some people think I'm falling off the conservative bandwagon and becoming a downright liberal. =) I feel like it's my duty to clarify: 

*I'm still a follower of Jesus, constantly striving to be closer to Him and living my life in a way that would make Him proud.

*I'm 100% pro-life, a firm believer in the unborn child's right to life. 

*I believe we, as Christians, are called to minister to the orphans and the widows and that we should be taking seriously that call.

*I'm fiscally conservative when it comes to taxes and don't really want the government taking more of our money.

*I still believe that less government is more better (I know, that's not the correct grammar, but I liked it more better that way)

*I think competition is a good thing, and that it inspires companies and people to perform better and provide better products to the public.

Ultimately, God has given us this earth to live on, and I think it is our responsibility to care for it. We don't need to be genetically modifying things so that we can make them how we want them. I think God made them perfectly already. Jeremiah 2:7 says, "I brought you into a fertile land to eat its fruit and rich produce. But you came and defiled my land and made my inheritance detestable." I want to make sure we are taking care of the bountiful creation He gave us, and not defiling it in any way.

So, yes, I have been hippie-ized a bit. But there are certain non-negotiables that are convictions in my heart. These are things I hope to teach our kids by example, things that I hope they will carry in their own hearts when they grow old. You can keep big government, but I'll take connecting with nature and rejoicing in His amazing glory!  

2 comments:

:)De said...

Ha Ha! I loved both post and really enjoyed "hearing" from you.

Peace

Shanti said...

thanks, de! how have you been? i miss reading up on all the blogs!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails