Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Stream of Consciousness...

First off, J-Man has graduated to the land of missing teeth. He lost his first one on Saturday after what seems like a year of it being loose. The tooth fairy was generous and left something she knew Josh would appreciate--a new CD. She made sure to let him know that the first lost tooth is special, and not to expect such an extravagant gift every time. I dunno...there's just something about that first tooth to me...ahem, I mean, the Tooth Fairy. Like it's a symbol of childish adulthood. Yeah, you read that right. Maybe I should coin that phrase, "childish adulthood."



Good thing she warned him that such awesome gifts aren't in his near future, since this morning, Mr. C "accidentally" kicked J-Man in the mouth (oh, did I say "accidentally"?) and knocked out his other hanging tooth.


Now, tooth #2 hangs safely in a Ziploc baggy on the cupboard...safe from little hands. Can anyone say, "25 cents?" What a let down for poor J-Man. I'm sure he'll survive.

Only 13 days until Miss G's finalization! I can't wait to share "real" pictures of her here. You won't be disappointed! She's a cutie, I tell you.

Planning for our Adoption Network Kickoff (check us out on Facebook here!) is going well so far. I've been learning a lot about the red tape involved in planning an event at a big church. If I would have known ahead of time, I probably would have picked a different venue; but I'm actually glad I've been able to see what goes into putting on such an event.

These past few weeks, I've finished reading "The Hole in Our Gospel" (highly recommended), and "Three Cups of Tea." I enjoyed the latter, but it was a bit long-winded for my taste. Right now I'm reading, "The Well-Trained Mind," and I can't say enough good things about this book So many moms (homeschooling and non-homeschooling) have recommended it to me, and I finally forced myself to get it. Soooo worth it.

I find myself reading tidbits of homeschooling books all day, and then at night settling in for some more. I fall asleep thinking "education," and dream about teaching our kids. It seems to have taken over my mind {temporarily}? Each kid has such a different way of learning, and figuring out how to meet each of his needs while not burning myself out has been, well, insightful. I am thoroughly enjoying teaching them, though. I truly feel like I am experiencing life with them, in a way I never felt when they were in school all day. It's exciting to see them progress, and knowing that I had some {small} part in that is wonderful.

13 days! 13 days! 13 days!


4 comments:

Sally-Girl! said...

I loved Three Cups of Tea and now will have to pick up the book you are reading. I love to read, just don't spend enough time doing it any more! Glad you are enjoying educating your children. Teaching is fun!!! I was born to teach!

stellarparenting.com said...

woo-hoo for the countdown. Good luck with the teeth!

The Accidental Mommy said...

That's cute, a CD. Now who would have thought the next day another would come out? Genea lost a whole slew about a year and a half ago, and lately nothing. I had to explain all of it to her, in her neglected background she had never heard of such a thing and was very suspicious- even at 5!

Lee said...

I'm in the middle of reading Stones into Schools which is a sequel to Three Cups of Tea. It is really good too. I love tooth fairy time too.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails