Click Here For Free Blog Backgrounds!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Monday, May 10, 2010

I'm in love, love, love...

I have a new friend. My friend and I have been spending blissful amounts of time together these past few days. It's been a sheer joy getting to know him? Her? It? I think it's all three wrapped in one.

I've been saving up for a luxury item for a few months. And I really mean that. This is no dire necessity...it is purely something I have just wanted and have no legitimate reason to buy other than that I think it may enrich my life in certain ways. Really, I do.

Alas, I was still a few months away from having enough money for this luxury item. So last week, I asked Superman if he already had plans for Mother's Day. He said, "Of course I have something planned! {Insert short pause}...Why? Did you have something in mind?" I think I sensed a bit of hopefulness in his voice...perhaps he knew I would be presenting him with an idea that would allow him to be "off the hook" and at the same time allow me to be happy and content with my Mother's Day.

I asked him if he'd like to sport me the rest of the money I needed for my new friend to come into my life. He willingly and enthusiastically agreed, and I proceeded to run to our computer to order my new friend...

Ah, the Kindle. A brilliant invention able to hold what seems like an endless supply of books.

We are still in the honeymoon phase.

My heart leaps at the thought of curling up and reading with this new dear friend of mine.

I am thoroughly enjoying this gift!

For all you moms, I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day and were able to be pampered a bit!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

The Kindle is amazing. J has one and adores it. J has one and I don't. Something is wrong with this picture......

obladi oblada said...

Oooh a kindle. I wondered how those were. Like it so far, huh? Does it hurt your eyes after a while like looking at a computer screen? Inquiring minds want to know.

Robin said...

Oh enjoy it. By the way, you look fantastic. Haven't seen your photo for a while!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails